10 short suggestions to add excitement to your seder!
By Rabbanit Rivky Krestt, Senior lecturer at Midreshet Lindenbaum
- Decorate the table with pyramids and people leaving with Egypt.
- Make origami frogs that you can actually make jump. (https://origami.me/jumping-frog/ for instructions)
- Buy a new Haggadah each year to use at the seder. A new book leads to fresh conversations.
- Give the kids different jobs for the seder: to make a game, decorate the table, take a section and prepare it for conversation.
- Hand out candy or small prizes for good questions or interesting points during the conversation.
- Move to the couch for Maggid so everyone is comfortable.
- Post sticky notes in different haggadot as a surprise with questions for the reader..You can choose a theme to incorporate into the seder through everyone’s favorite haggadah.
- Create games – like go fish – for the four sons.
- Make karpas tapas platter. For example dipping strawberry in chocolate or french fries in ketchup in addition to your vegetable of choice in salt water.
- Write songs for different parts of maggid. (There is some fun stuff on https://www.haggadot.com/)