Located on the Chana and Yaacov Tilles Campus in Talpiyot, Jerusalem, the Besen Family Center for Advanced Women’s Studies is the heart of Ohr Torah Stone’s groundbreaking activity in the realm of Jewish women’s rights and education.
The Besen Center houses the pioneering Midreshet Lindenbaum College and the Monica Dennis Goldberg Yad La’isha Legal Aid Center, which strive to answer the ever-evolving challenges facing modern Jewish women. The core essence of the Besen Center is the vibrant beit midrash, in which hundreds of women from all over the world are empowered to learn, converse, debate and reflect, reaching higher and higher in their quest to change the roles women can play in the national, social, educational and legal spheres.
Programs housed in the Besen Family Center:
- Midreshet Lindenbaum College for Women
- Amlat Program for Latin American Students
- Bruria Program
- Elaine and Norm Brodsky Darkaynu Program for Women
- Hadas – the Claudia Cohen Torah/Army School
- Maria and Joel Finkle Overseas Program
- Susi Bradfield Women’s Institute of Halakhic Leadership (WIHL)
- Tushia Program
- Claudia Cohen Women Educators Institute
- Yad La’isha: The Monica Dennis Goldberg Legal Aid Center and Hotline for Women